Providing Heater Maintenance Services in Staunton Since 1978
No one in Staunton wants to wake up on the coldest day of the year with no heat. For most modern households, the only thing worse is a day without clean water or power. Unfortunately, if you don’t keep an eye on your heater, that scenario might be more than imaginary.
Virginia's cooler weather means needing a heater you can rely on. Even minimal heater use can lead to parts degradation and reduced efficiency. If left uncorrected, the dirt and grime build up can lead your heating system to an early grave. That’s why it’s so important to get regular heating tune-ups from a local HVAC professional. During their check, our HVAC technician will not only ensure your heater is operating as intended, but they’ll also test its safety controls and lubricate moving parts. If you’re interested in learning more about our heater maintenance services in Staunton, give (540) 949-7639 a call.
Learn more about our heater maintenance services in Staunton. Call (540) 949-7639
The Benefits of Heater Maintenance in Staunton
There’s the electric bill, the taxes, and the movie streaming services. So, we get why many families are reluctant to add another recurring charge to their budget. But preventive and proactive heater maintenance is vital to living comfortably in the Staunton area. It’s the best way to prevent you from shivering your way through a cold snap. It also can help pad your wallet in belt-tightening times.
We recommend performing heater maintenance regularly. Your HVAC contractor will recommend a time that's right for you.
Regardless of when you do it, however, you can expect to reap the following benefits:
- More Effective Heating: A well-maintained heating system will perform more efficiently for longer. The lowered energy usage translates directly into lower gas and electric bills. For most homes, these savings almost completely offset the cost of heater maintenance.
- Extended Lifespan: Replacing a bad heater isn’t cheap. It’s an inevitable major expense many homeowners seek to defer for as long as possible. The best way to do this is to complete your recommended maintenance calls. This lessened wear and tear and can help you avoid catastrophic system failures. If you do still need to replace your heater, we have financing options available throughout the Charlottesville and Staunton area.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: Throughout operation, your HVAC system accumulates dust, mold, and pollen. These are then cycled throughout your ducts by your heater or air conditioner's fan. During heater service, our technician will scrub away these irritants allowing you to breathe cleaner air. For more ways to improve your home's air quality in Staunton, visit our IAQ service page.
- Manufacturer Warranty Coverage: A lot of manufacturers warranty systems for several years past installation. But, as you might expect, there are strings attached. One of these is typically a requirement to prove regular service was done on the heater. So, if you want the benefit of the warranty you paid for, joining our HVAC maintenance program can make sure that happens.
If Your Heater is Fueled by Gas, Skipping Maintenance Can be Dangerous
Now, let’s start with a disclaimer. Heating systems themselves aren’t inherently hazardous, especially more modern systems. But, if you use a gas furnace or gas boiler and cracks develop in the heat exchanger, carbon monoxide (CO) can leak into your home, making you and your family sick. Left undetected, it can worsen to the point of hospitalization or death.
Most often an issue with older gas furnaces or boilers, CO risk is best avoided through regular maintenance. During our inspection, our heater service expert will carefully examine your heat exchanger for signs of gaps, cracks, or damage. If this is spotted, they will recommend shutting the system down immediately. Replacement is typically recommended, particularly if the unit is older or if the heat exchanger became compromised because too large a system was installed for the size of your home.
You can learn more about our heater installation process here.
What Our HVAC Maintenance Program Covers
Your heater relies on all of its components working in perfect concert to provide the comfort you and your loved ones depend on. Should a part fail, its impact on your heating system can be significant. This is why our HVAC technicians inspect your system from top to bottom. During this analysis, they'll:
- Make sure your heater starts without issue
- Clean blocked vents and ducts
- Test your safety and electronic controls
- Replace worn parts and belts
- Adjust your system pressure
- Clean and dust your ignition assembly
- Inspect your flue
- Examine your blower, burner, coil, and heat exchanger (if applicable)
Trust Us to Tackle Your Heater Problems in Staunton or Charlottesville
Arranging a heating tune-up with Boyers 72 Degrees is a breeze. Just give (540) 949-7639 a call during our open hours to schedule your routine heater maintenance. We’ll reach out to you prior to your appointment to confirm. Our dedication to keeping your heater and furnace functioning as expected means a thorough inspection is just the beginning of what we provide. We work on all types and brands of heaters including furnaces, heat pumps, and radiators. Our service area includes Charlottesville, Waynesboro, Staunton, and the surrounding areas. To learn more about why so many people trust us with their heating and cooling systems, check out our reviews on Google.